holidays

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Sat Feb 16 23:25:41 CET 2002

Andrew Morrison wrote :
 >I've wondered this before too.  I reckon if Peel goes,
 >Radio 1 would assume that The Evening Session would keep
 >us Peel fans happy,

I've always assumed that Lamacq was being groomed to take
over from Peel eventually.  He has tastes that aren't reflected
on the Evening Show like reggae and The Fall.  The time will
come when they will want a younger DJ to handle the student
chart indie stuff so he will be available.
However recently he has become fixated with derivative American
heavy metal bands and anyone who can get excited by something as
dull as Puddle Of Mudd is certainly not worthy to go anywhere
near Peel's show.  His show is now almost unlistenable
I am getting pessimistic about what will happen when Peel goes
and I think that a lot of bands who are dependent on him for
support and exposure may need to explore other career paths!
It doesn't look good

martinw