[peel] f50

robfleay@... robfleay@...
Fri Dec 27 14:53:22 CET 2002

> (I  quite liked Saloon's split 7" of a couple of years
> ago

Aha! That'd be the split 7" on AAS with Lazer Guided - indeed a brilliant song and a shame I've not got any left in the AAS HQ stock cupboard else this new found glory would see me cashing in like a bastard!

> (Nothing personal, Saloon friends and family,  if you're
> reading!) Bah humbug!

Well - Saloon traditionally send an email out in early December to their mailing list "reminding" people to vote for them in the F50...whether this makes it a campaign or not is arguable. I can't see people bothering to email in a vote if they don't like the band, so you could say it's a measure of how enthusiastic their fanbase is...

Either way I know Adam Saloon is a huge fan of John Peel and  he'll be chuffed to bits with the result.