Festive 50

mos2258 <mostync@...> mostync@...
Fri Dec 27 05:15:24 CET 2002

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "spinnerx15 <spinnerx15@y...>"
<spinnerx15@y...> wrote:
> Just finished listening to this year's Festive 50 and I must
> say I'm shocked by the #1...Saloon?!!?  I smell a campaign at
> work...

No, not such a big surprise - they did remarkably well last year, if
you remember - for a band who release their most easily accessible
material on limited edition 7 inch singles.  The significant
difference was that "Girls Are The New Boys" is a well-established
live favourite AND it's been released as a 7 inch single AND it was
included on the album (unlike "Impact", "Freefall" and "Have You
Seen The Light?").  I don't know how many of you know me from the
alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.* newsgroups, but I've just started posting
my own "Festive 50", and ... this is going to spoil the fun a little
bit, but ... I've also got Saloon as my own No. 1 - different song
though!

I'm probably going to regret this in the morning (I've been working
my way through a 5 litre box of cheap white wine all night), but if
you want to download a couple of dozen Peel-related tunes, you'll
find me at http://mostyn.i-networx.de/

Mostyn