check this out!

Stuart McHugh stuart@...
Thu Dec 5 10:25:03 CET 2002

>  > I'm going to make memberships to the group on approval only from now on.
>
>Just when I was about to change address :(
>I can see the need though.

I think you can maybe do that anyway. But if I'm wrong there
shouldn't be any delay in switching them over.

>Did anyone else spot John's unfortunate spoonerism of 'front cover' near the
>end of last night's show, which by the way, was one of the most haphazard I
>can remember (wrong records, wrong speeds, faulty equipment ... )?
>Don't get me wrong. I'm a big fan of haphazard. This new computerised DJ
>equipment the Beeb is going to introduce could to ruin the spontaneous
>nature of John's programmes.

it'll not stop the spoonerisms, mind you...
I think it'd be quite sad if they went to this system- it's much
beloved of local radio and will mean radio One sounds even more
generic than the likes of Emma B and Dave Pearce can make it.
A pal of mine works in local radio and is contract-bound to say "all
the fresh music" or whatever in every link. he also can't diss
anything he plays.
Most entertaining (or tragic) of all is that the studio has no record decks !