Singh praises

Stuart McHugh stuart@...
Sat Apr 20 17:27:23 CEST 2002

>Is there any connection between Cornershop and Talvin Singh, apart from
>a shared surname?
>
>Anyway, John and the audience seemed to love it, but, even though some
>of their recorded work is excellent ("People Power in the Disco Hour"),
>Iive (on the radio) I find them a little too "rambling and shambling" (a
>phrase coined by one of John's listeners for anybody who makes songs of
>over three minutes duration). Don't let that stop you, though.

yes, the live show I saw (admittedly a a few years ago, but still
after their punk /lo-fi beginnings) was pretty chaotic, and not
nearly good musically as on record. Didn't hear the Peel show the
other night though. I was going to joke about the surname being
shared by many people, but I've now got it in my head that the 2 may
have somehow worked together, or there was maybe a remix of one done
by the other. Can't recall (he said, helpfully).

Stuart
www.jockrock.org