Fad Gadget

ady foley adyfoley@...
Fri Apr 5 03:23:59 CEST 2002

Frank Tovey RIP

Apparently Frank 'Fad Gadget' Tovey is dead.  Details all seem to be a
bit thin on the ground but after hearing a rumour I managed to track
this down from a foreign site, www.side-line.com.  Sad news.

Ady

Frank Tovey died
It's with a deep sadness and a feeling of total loss that we have to
inform you all that Frank Tovey has died in London in his house on
wednesday April 3rd. Initial reports suggest he suffered a stroke. The
news is not a late April joke, we wished it was, but comes right from
Mute label boss Daniel Miller who also indicates that the circumstances
of his death are not yet known. Daniel: "Frank was the first artist I
ever worked with on Mute, he made some very special and influential
records and was an exceptional live performer. Frank played a big part
in helping to lay the foundations of what the label was to become in
the ensuing years, I will miss him greatly." More news on Frank Tovey's
death will be posted on Side-Line as we get it. Our deepest sympathy
and condolences go out to Frank's family and to Daniel Miller who lost
a great friend. We invite you all to visit the official Fad Gadget
website to join the growing number of grieving fans. Frank, we'll miss
you.