Tom Roche's visit to Peel acres

PATRICK FLEMING patrick@...
Wed Sep 5 00:35:02 CEST 2001

Felt compelled to say how much I enjoyed the short piece on how John puts together his programmes: a big thank you to TR for taking the time to tell us all about it.   I'm quite sure that John would find this fannish behaviour quite amusing, but I think it serves as a timely reminder that this kind of dedication to the listener has a finite lifespan: when John eventually retires (hopefully not for years yet) who's going to filter out all the dross, and find all these remarkable nuggets from around the world?   Not wishing to be too downbeat, in closing thanks again to TR and if anybody else has some interesting anecdotes then I for one would like to hear them.

Bye for now
Patrick