FEARGAL WILL NEVER GET HIS TEENAGE KICKS AGAIN

Tom Roche troche@...
Mon Oct 15 05:10:19 CEST 2001

lil bit o' showbiz news from the World Entertainment News Network....

Subject: OTC  10/07 0831  FEARGAL WILL NEVER GET HIS TEENAGE KICKS AGAIN

Oct 07, 2001 (WENN via COMTEX) -- Former UNDERTONES frontman FEARGAL
SHARKEY has
ruled out ever singing the band's big hit TEENAGE KICKS again.
    In a sensational new movie called Teenage Kicks - The Undertones, the singer
speaks for the first time about his days in the band - who have since reformed
without him.
    He says, "There are an awful lot of wounds between me and the others. And
they will take a long time to heal, if they ever do. I don't think
anyone in the
band has the motivation to go through that healing process, and
that's okay with
me."
    The moody singer feels he is now far too old to sing the band's seventies
hits onstage again.
    He adds, "It would be a bit corny to go back onstage and start singing
Teenage Kicks again."
    In the film, guitar player JOHN O'NEILL reveals that Feargal had has nothing
to do with his old band mates for 16 years.
    He says, "There was tension there from day one and eventually it all fell
apart. We were always divided." (RXT/INW/RP)