mp3s of tracks from the show available (legally)

g.j.steel@... g.j.steel@...
Tue May 1 00:26:29 CEST 2001

Hi everyone,

Me and a friend of mine who are longtime John Peel fans have been
scouring the web recently for mp3s of hard-to-get-hold-of tracks
that have been on the show, and it occurred to me it would be cool
to share our results with the wider Peel community - after all, the
more people who get to hear this music, the better. We found some top
tunes, like The Shins 'New Slang' and a song by the fabulous Ukranians
Fotomoto. I've put all 40 odd songs together on a webpage here:

	http://www.radio.plus.com/

all the downloads are from the bands themselves or the record labels
and are totally legal - no Napstering or suchlike involved. Also,
there's no advertising on the site and I'm not looking to make money
in any way. It would be cool if people could send in any tracks they
come across available for download so I can stick them up there (and,
of course, list you in the credits!)

I emailed JP yesterday about the site, so perhaps he'll plug it this
week...

Cheers,
Graham