[peel] Festive 50

George Forsyth gforsyth@...
Thu Jan 4 23:08:10 CET 2001

>Can't say I'm surprised at Neko Case being number one.I remember Peel
>playing it twice in a row on one of his shows which apparently he'd
>only ever done once before (with 'Teenage Kicks').

     A pedant writes: actually, he played Wah Hey! by The Turbines (from
their
   majestic first album Last Dance Before Highway) three times in a row,
THEN played
   the twangy intro after that, in 1986.

     Festive fifty: jolly good this year: FOUR country tracks, Laura
Cantrell and
   Neko Case, and appearancs by The (mighty) Fall and PJHarvey. And no
"dance".

      A satisfied mid-to-late 30s ex-student signs off

        George Forsyth