[peel] An when I say ah-fode....

Goofy Kent goofy@...
Wed Dec 12 15:36:13 CET 2001

> So now may I draw on the vast wisdom of the group.... a few months ago JP
played a vintage R&B track, mid 50's certainly, with about a guy who'd
bought a fancy car on credit that he now couldn't afford. Real funny story
and real funny urban-slang drawl in the singer's delivery. The last lines of
the song concerned how he was turning in the car (a Cadillac?) and gettin
sumthin he could ah-fode. "An when I say ah-fode I mean a Fode (Ford)"
> > So, who was that by....?
> > tom

Oh yeah, Peel played that one on his show for Finnish radio, too. That one�s
from the patchy but quite excellent compilation "The Spark Records Story" on
Ace Records. The track is called "I Gotta New Car" and it's by Big Boy
Groves & Band. Written and produced by Leiber & Stoller, who else?

Goofy