[peel] 60s 70s early 80s Peel

.Keith Hawley keith@...
Fri Sep 22 16:13:36 CEST 2000

>I think his shows are better now, or rather more entertaining eg "the
>puppy's just crapped on the studio floor" on last night's show.

my impression (from various snippets played during documentaries etc.)
was that his tone was much more serious and earnest in the seventies...
probably reflecting a view of, say, prog-rock that was much more
strokybeardy... took it much more seriously...

so, i suspect he is far more laid back and jokey than he used to be.

i'm too young to know for sure thought...

i'd also be keen to hear tapes if anyone has this sort of thing.

- keith hawley

e: keith@...
fax: 0870-7058333