Pardon..? Hello..? Did you say something...? Whats that ringing...?

Tom Roche troche@...
Sat Oct 28 18:12:55 CEST 2000

Melt Banana here last night - 3rd time I've seen 'em. The songs are getting a bit longer now, some are 3 even 4 minutes; I rather prefer the dozens of under-a-minute songs from shows past (e.g new CD has about 13 songs, previous CD about 30.) Still, absolute frantic mayhem like I've never seen in 25 years of concert attendence - microsecond-precise, enthralling, life-affirming, eardrum destroying.

Arrived with a cassette dub of their live Peel session show from 5/99 to give them if they'd not been able to hear it. I buddied up to the bass player and she said they'd heard the session tape only, but not until the that tour was over and they were in Japan. But they have not heard the whole Peel show, and were keen to get the tape martinw had originally made to play in their van. I attached my card to it and told them to e-mail me...  she said yes, she would send me "many information."

After the show I met them all, I was already knon as "tape man", they gladly all signed a "Teeny Shiny" poster and gave me a MB button that was all in Japanese. Found out later it says "I Kill You."

tom