SW preemption

Tom Roche troche@...
Wed Oct 4 05:39:23 CEST 2000

Peel was replaced on SW tonight with a Lamacq-voiced documentary on Stockhausen. Not bad, actually. Nicely produced, considering the sonic extremes presented and analysed.

Probably repeats soemetime this week - you could check bbc.co.uk/worldservice/schedules if interested.

Could this have been produced just for BBCWS or was it plucked from a domestic network?

And on another matter did anyone wince last week when Mary Anne Hobbs began her mandatory chat with Peel by saying "John I know you hate all my shows." John only denied this for a second then diverted into a discussion about a technical problem.

tom in atlanta, sick of both George W Bush and Al W Gore