Something called STOMP AND STAMMER

Tom Roche troche@...
Fri Nov 10 03:02:57 CET 2000

The best rock magazine in the south east US is a monthly freebie called Stomp And Stammer, edited by a wiseass but wise music writer named Jeff Clark. He's a long time DJ/writer/wing-nut/regional-scene-supporter. He came to me with the idea of putting JP on the cover if I could help get an interview together with their writer. Which I did. He wrote BBC to get some pictures but they never replied, so he asked if I had any, which I did, and were they any good, yes some were. But I didnt tell him they were 12 years old, ha ha.

Well the issue hit the stands here this week, and to my surprise a picture I took of JP inside the old Radio 1 studio is the cover photo. The article is mainly a long interview from just last month, and we've all read plenty of re-tellings of his life story - entertaining as it is of course - but this time the writer seem'd to get him on some fresh angles here.

The article (and cover photo) is up on their website now at http://www.stompandstammer.com/
I seem to get some format weirdness on my browser on page 2, let me know if you get it too.

JP should be happy to see himself portrayed with the more hair and less girth look of '89 or so!

They did not pay me anything, cool, I did get plenty of free copies though. I've weighed one and to send it to the UK would run me $1.74 in stamps, just about a pound exactly. So if anyone is interested and wants the whole issue rather than just the web clipping, I'll air mail it out to ye if ye send a £ note to

Tom Roche
4273 Webb Rd
Tucker Georgia 30084-2242
USA

At 2:28 PM -0500 11/9/0, Adam Bruderer wrote:

>For many years, the globe on the NBC Nightly News spun in the wrong direction.
>On January 2, 1984, NBC finally set the world spinning back in the proper direction.

Actually it was ABC News' Nightline that had the globe spinning backwards, and a viewer caught it. One night with embarassed fanfere they let it roll to a stop, pause, and resume in the correct direction