Not cancelled, just "a break"

Tom Roche troche@...
Fri May 19 04:44:21 CEST 2000

I meant to post earlier that Peel closed Tuesday night's BBCWS show with "see you back next week" but then the World Service contiunity announcer said after that Peel was "taking a break from World Service for awhile" which I guess implies he's not cancelled. And this break co-incides with his QE2 trip I suppose. Lammo to fill in, but no timetable was given.

Strange how he never never missed a WS show in almost 2 decades, perhaps due to that famous paranioa that someone would get his roundly disliked (within WS) show after filling in once... Before he knew it, he, at some point, went from annoyance to institution, with his time slots finally safe. Or so we hope, right?

tr