[peel] Re Chasing Ratings (Carry On Jack?)

Aidan Warner aidan@...
Mon May 1 01:18:45 CEST 2000

On 30 Apr 2000 10:09:09 GMT, Stephen_J._Wood wrote:

> At least R1 doesn't have ads (yet), except of course the bloody irritating
> trails for other BBC product which interrupt every decent show on the
> station, Peel included. Radio 4 listeners don't have to put up with ads in
> the middle of The Archers, so why do we? Probably we're not middle class
> enough.

That's definitely a pet hate of mine, the far-too-long ads for the
indescribably banal breakfast show, even during the non-mainstream
programs. A few emails to andy.parfitt@... are required, methinks.
And said emails could also mention the bizarre lack of adverts during
the daytime for the much less well known shows (surely the ones that
need advertising), such as, well, anything on after 8pm.

Aidan

----
Frustrate spies: http://www.obscurity.freeserve.co.uk/pgp.html
Sunderland Music Online: http://listen.to/sunderland

"I managed to take her completely by surprise" - Prince Edward