Fw: [peel] Fw: FW:ALERT!!!

ivan thomasz ivanix@...
Mon Jun 26 03:44:08 CEST 2000

People, my apologies...I didn't know...
Please let everyone you know that it was a hoax perpetrated by someone several years ago! Definitely not me!

ivan
----- Original Message -----
From: Tiggles
To: peel@egroups.com
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2000 8:09 PM
Subject: Re: [peel] Fw: FW:ALERT!!!

That one's been going around for years... it's a hoax

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/budsaver.exe.html

"BUDSAVER.EXE is not a virus. It is a hoax. The "virus" does not exist.
There is
currently no virus that has the characteristics ascribed to
BUDSAVER.EXE. It is a
sham, meant only to panic new or inexperienced computer users."

Always worth checking out for well known hoaxes at Symantec's hoax
centre before spreading the panic.

Tig

--
jmsmall@...