[peel] More Kershaw

Dougal McKinnon d.mckinnon@...
Thu Jun 8 16:50:22 CEST 2000

On Thu, 08 Jun 2000 13:28:36 -0000 Guy2k@... wrote:

> I mailed peelie in a late response to his request last year for
> suggestions for a regular feature to replace the Peelenium , and
> suggested that the last 1/2 hour on a Thursday could be devoted to
> picking up some wandering , lost Kershaw listeners by playing old
> sessions, or just generally being "Andyish" for a while. Anyone else
> like that idea?

Not particularly.  Nothing against Kershaw or his listeners, but Peelie
struggles to fit in his own stuff in the hours that he has, so you'd
probably get the worst of both worlds - not enough to satisfy the
Kershaw fans, while Peel loses nearly 10% of his show.

I also mailed Peel when he asked for ideas for a regular feature
advising him to forget it and treat the Peelenium as a one-off.  I
don't think he needs any regular features and don't think the show's
suffered from the lack of a replacement.

And he did play something by Big Flame, as I requested, so that was a
bit lovely.

dougie

dougal mckinnon
(d.mckinnon@...)