Remote Viewer Peel session

Thomas Betts tomagotchi@...
Tue Jul 4 01:03:04 CEST 2000

--- In peel@egroups.com, Sheetal Singh <sheetals@c...> wrote:
> What if he wanted to hear the MP3 so he could determine if he
wanted to buy
> it?

i think that would be fair enough.. harmesh  didn't mention this in
the original e-mail, and i would have suspected him of wanting
a 'freebie' anyway, just because i am a cynical person and i think
everybody on the internet just wants free music.. (actually i don't,
and i am not afraid of it.. i just get angry at seeing people asking
for mp3s of releases commercially available in 'public' places..

there are places for mp3 traders.. ok, so harmesh may not want a
freebie, but i am just suspicious.. and you might as well buy the
record (+ record player!)

>Is that any different than taping a song off the radio?

although in spirit no, i think it is a step forwards.. i mean, we're
talking a 'digital' copy of the audio, without any dj speaking over
it.. it is definitely a better copy and pretty close to the original.

> What if a
> friend made him a copy of the 12"- would that be intellectual
property theft
> too?

yes,  if he hadn't paid for it.. surely?

as i said, i am not the copyright police.. i just don't like to see
people openly pirating and not supporting independent music. if i got
the wrong end of the stick, i am sorry.... but you understand where i
am coming from surely..? indendent organisations don't generally make
much money, fatcat included, and if you want the class tunes they
release... you should be willing to support them as best you can. or
else you can go back to yr brittney spears mp3s from napster! ;)

tomxx