A probable cock up in my prediction of the Top 10 festive 50

Daniel Butt danbutt@...
Wed Jan 26 13:38:30 CET 2000

>    Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 23:00:19 +0000
>    From: Stuart McHugh <stuart@...>
> Subject: Re: A probable cock up in my prediction of the Top 10 festive 50
> Well, that's buggered it up - Song to the Siren? And There is a Light?
> (Whither 'How Soon is Now'?)
> The smart money (me) is now saying there's no Fall in the top 10 as no-one
> knew which one to vote for!
> Either that or no Clash... how soon we forget, eh?

Or no Fall *and* no Clash. I think it's inconceivable that the top 5 won't
include Atmosphere, Love Will..., Teenage Kicks, How Soon, and Anarchy. It
might even be in that order (1-5), seeing as Joy Division have done so well.
Which leaves God Save the Queen and White Man in the Hamersmith Palais out
of the top 50 and below 2 Beach Boys and one Jimi Hendrix song. Good God.And
no Geek Love either :(

Seeing as we're getting so anal about this stuff (the obsessiveness of
others has been a great comfort to me), did anyone use to listen to "Turn It
Up!" on Radio Sussex and Surrey? If so, does anyone have any lists (or,
please God, tapes) of the end of year listener charts? I've got a tape of
the (I think) 1992 Top 20, which is one of my very favourite things (Top 3:
Pavement, Sonic Youth, Huggy Bear). I've net trawled, but to no avail.

Cheers,

Daniel

Daniel