Festive 50

emerson_63@... emerson_63@...
Sat Jan 22 23:06:14 CET 2000

Hello,
I agree that the festive 50 is a disappointment and is
as predictable as another heavy Aberdeen defeat by one of the
Old Firm. Where the hell did the Beach Boys come from? And is
Temptation by New Order really the 18th best record of all-time?
I agree with Rob that a choice of best band or artist would have
been better. But better still would be for Peel to get his
own back and choose his personal all-time favourite 50. And where is
The great single of all-time? I'm talking about Heartbreak Hotel by
Elvis. And is Sheela na Gig by PJ really a cut above Sign of the Times
by Prince, badly neglected by the Peel show. And if DJ Kaos or
Public Enemy don't make the top ten it will be the biggest public disgrace
since Robbie Fowler offered his buttocks to Graham Le Saux.

John Leslie
Aberdeen