F50 (what else) ...Bowie

Keith Hawley keith@...
Mon Jan 17 03:06:45 CET 2000

>From: Stuart McHugh
>For some reason I was just wondering if there'd be any Dave Bowie in the
>chart, I suspect not but he's a lot closer to what Peel's shows usually
>stand for than the Beach Boys and Beatles, IMO.

i would agree.

but i think Peel has gone one record as saying he isn't keen on Bowie...

in fact i'm sure he once played "maid of bond street" and said it was the
only track by bowie that you'd hear on his show, 'cos it was the only one
he liked.

[my favourite Bowie track too, as it happens! but who would have voted for
it?]

you might be right about Bowie standing for the same types of things as
you'd hear now on Peel,
but isn't it the case that david bowie has destroyed any chance of being
taken seriously because of all that UTTER CRAP he put out in the 80s and
90s????
- in much the same way that Nirvana are out of fashion because everyone got
SO fed up with the whole Grunge thing......

--    keith@...      --