the other unfestive 50..

pete flynn pete@...
Wed Jan 12 21:33:45 CET 2000

Just wondering, is anyone recording the All-Time 50...cos i keep on missing
it, and there's bound to be songs dotted through it i've (shockingly) missed
out on during my short life (there's 1 or 2 so far)......

and:
>    From: "tim.whitehouse" <tim.whitehouse@...>
> Subject: Re: Re: F50 45-41
>
> > I had the misfortune of listening to Radio One listens poll on New Years
> > eve on the way to Brighton.  It was the Top 30 of the 90's or something.
> > I think it may have actually been of all time, but guess what was number
> > one ???
> > Somebody somewhere must still listen to it !!
> >
> Oh yeah it was definitely the most 'important' song of the 90s, so
deserves
> that kind of thing. But as a Nirvana track I always thought it was far
from
> their best.

Definitely.  it was seeing the video to "in bloom" that got me into them
properly...

So no Carter USM in the Top 50 then? i don't know...

pete