F50 45-41

Stuart McHugh stuart@...
Thu Jan 6 17:56:51 CET 2000

What was THAT all about?
No wonder Peelie has to play it in groups of 5, his nerves must be
shattered wondering what atrocity's going to come next! I don't mind Nick
Drake and can see why he's appered in the chart, and the Velvets have a
'traditional-alternative' feel to them, but the Beach Boys and the
Beatles??? The weirdest thing is that these artists would have been scorned
even in the 1976 poll! This is precisely the kind of stuff that punk came
along to clean out. I can only assme that the Beatles have been put there
by people to embarassed to vote for Oasis.
And if I find out that any Peel list subscribers voted for THAT record,
there'll be big trouble!
Ahem. Outburst over... for now...

(taste moderator, peel@onelist.com)