cock-ups

Dougal McKinnon d.mckinnon@...
Wed Feb 2 16:02:20 CET 2000

I, for one, don't mind Peel's on-air mishaps - playing things at the
wrong speed, cueing the wrong records, forgetting what he's just about
to say, etc, etc - because (as others have said) it adds a bit of
character and light relief to his show.  That said, if any other DJ
(like, say, Jo Whiley or Zoe Ball) did it I would be writing to the BBC
to complain about their sheer amateurism and demanding that they be
boiled in oil.  So, yes, I'm making allowances.

Having said that, if his inability to read a map meant that he dragged
me several miles across town on foot in search of record shops that
were just around the corner as he did to his producer on his recent
trip abroad, I think I would abandon all ideas of reverence and go for
his throat.

dougal mckinnon
(d.mckinnon@...)