No subject

Dave jhull@...
Tue Feb 1 22:58:58 CET 2000

I'm sorry, but IMHO, the mistakes and cock-ups in Peely's show only add to the charm.
When you listen to something like Chris Moyles or whatever (I'm forced to listen to afterneoon radio 1 on the school bus) the slickness and total arrogance of it all are sickening. Besides, there isn't a DJ who can match the quality of the material that John plays. Whether you like a particular track or not, you can always appreciate that it is interesting or different or whatever, dispite not being to your personnal taste.
Dave

P.S. I've been lurking for a while and don't send many mesages so, I'll say hello to everybody incase you haven't seen me before (not that you've seen me now, but you know what I mean)

----- Original Message -----
  From: ianst@...
  To: peel@onelist.com
  Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 9:35 PM
  Subject: [peel]

  From: ianst@...

  I wonder how high 'Teenage Kicks' would have been in the
  chart it hadn't been proclaimed by Peel to be HIS
  favourite song of all time, Would it have been in the
  chart at all? Yes, he does make a few mistakes on his show
  but remember he plays a lot of vinyl which can easily
  jump or be played at the wrong speed and remember, he's an
  old man! (only kidding John, if you're reading this)

  Ian