No subject

Philip Edwards festiv50@...
Tue Feb 1 09:46:09 CET 2000

   sircussalot@...
  It shows that he is only human. We listen to him,  not because of his technical proficiencies (I'm amazed he has mastered CD players),  but his inner vision as to what the general public will be listening to in 10 years time and fortunately for us, are listening to NOW.  You can't blame him for the feative 50's (typical or all time),  that is down to us "the listeners". We can, if we must,  blame him for the Peelenium,  which from mid '60's onwards were in my opinion, landmark ("classic") tracks.  Sorry to go on but to me,  he is "god",  and my standard reply to the the standard question "what music do you like" is "If it's alright by Peely,  then it's alright by me".  You'll have to excuse the wine-sodden ramblings of someone only just the right side of 50.  Make the most of him while you may,  can anyone honstly think of anyone who can replace him and his insight.