[peel] Digest Number 324

Tom Roche troche@...
Mon Dec 18 07:01:26 CET 2000

At 7:03 PM -0500 12/15/0, peel@egroups.com wrote:

>> Phil Edwards, Peel-tape guru, are you still out there? Your people
>need you...
>Yes Candy. I'm still here. Since doing those tapes for you at the
>start of the year, I've been cataloguing my entire collection. So far
>I've done over 300 tapes (thats over 6000 tracks and approx 1500
>tracks have been entered onto the database).

Wow. I have around 100, 125 or so, maybe 1988-2000. And I live in the States.

I've said this before, but it's nice to think that long after Peel's moved on to other glories his shows could well be accessible via the web someday for decades to come.... shows that were a sonic snapshot in time, yet so decidely un-trendy they are near-timeless.

I mean really, is anyone saving and cataloging Zoe Ball shows....?

tom