City Slang Special- One World Radio 1

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Mon Dec 4 00:48:44 CET 2000

Richard said

 >I just heard news of the following event- apparently there was a 2 hour
 >special celebrating an extraordinary year for the City Slang label, aired
 >30th November during Giles Peterson's One World at 12pm onwards (1st Dec to
 >be accurate). Did anyone hear this? I can't believe I missed this!
Apparently
 >some of the best artists on the label were on air- Calexico, Schneider
TM, To
 >Rococo Rot, Kurt Wagner (Lambchop) solo performance!! I'd really like to no
 >more about this and would love to hear it.

There were 4 30 minutes sections.  Calexico was a session from Maida Vale
Schneider TM was I think done in their own studio.  To Rococco Rot did a
dj mix.  Finally Kurt Warner did a Maida Vale session with Howie Gelb and
members of Calexico.
All of it was brilliant

Details were in the Radio Times, on the Radio 1 website and in my post
to the Zapsmart list so it was no secret!

Subscribe to Zapsmart by sending an e-mail to
zapsmart-subscribe@onelist.com    for a weekly post with details of the
next weeks sessions and mixes on Radio 1

martinw