Pavement/Peelennium/All time F50

Andy Smith andys@...
Tue Nov 9 10:58:39 CET 1999

Charles:

> 2) Can any one recomend what Pavement album I should get next? I've got
> Terror Twighlight and really like it.

Not a great album by Pavement standards, I'd say. My favourite's Wowee
Zowee.

> 3)Bearing in mind I haven't found any old Pavement albums in my local
> stores. Doe anyone know of any good Idependant record stores around
> Reading area.

Isn't there a record fair down that way? Get along there young man and
find obscure albums for 2/3 of the HMV price...

On balance I've ejoyed the Peelennium. At times it's been hard to put up
with but I'm disappointed to have missed a lot of the 50's and early 60's
stuff. I don't think it's stopped us hearing too many new records either,
after all Peel always plays old stuff.

I think the difficulty of choosing the best 3 tracks of the year is
probably why I rarely vote in the F50, so an all-time one is going to be
difficult to choose, but it's easy to start agonising over these things
and trying to get it exactly right when it's just there for a bit of a
laugh really.

AndyTBTG