Digest Number 61

pete flynn p_p_pete@...
Thu May 27 21:44:16 CEST 1999

>Message: 13
>    Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 22:01:48 +0000
>    From: "R Fleay" <robfleay>
>Subject: Re: Daisy Chainsaw
>
> > From: Dan Chapman <dan_jc@...>
> >
> > Anybody out there in peel-list land like em (daisy chainsaw that is)
> > Well I had an exlusive listen to the new album over the weekend(as my
> > mate was assistant engineer on the recording session) very good it is
> > too! A single is due to be released in the next couple of weeks and the
> > album follows later in the year.
>
>Is this a joke? Weren't Daisy Chainsaw a poor man's
>Transvision Vamp?

nah...aren't the official holders of "poor man's Transvision Vamp" the 20th
Century Girls..?

anyway i used to love TV...i was 7, and i had a crush on Wendy James, but
yeah.  i WAS 7, honestly..

oh and favourite peel sessions, i have a memory like a torn teabag which
isn't good news for next month.  but the one when Mogwai did "Don't Cry" was
particularly special.  i also concur with what Rob said about that Godspeed
one;  and with Keith too on the subject of the early PJ Harvey ones, which i
mostly remember cos it was about when i started listening to Peel...i had
the 4 Track Demos cd on yesterday, some of those tracks are frighteningly
raw...

pete