fav sessions

Stig jmsmall@...
Thu May 27 16:57:16 CEST 1999

Stuart McHugh wrote:
> >Have you been getting comedy tips from Lee and Herring, Stuart?
> Yes, that was rather poor, I apologise (there must be a version of "You're
> Hard" due which swaps Lee and Herring for "Lenny Henry")

No, Lee and Herring are geniuses of our time, I was referring to their
"lazy comedy slags" section where they expose poor joke formulas such as
"...and they were just the teachers ah", "...I was 28 years old ah" and
the classic "...and then I got off the bus ah". Peel once mentioned them
in his column if that gives it any relevance...

Actually does anyone remember that week or two when Peel was standing in
for Mark Radcliffe and had Stewart Lee and Richard Herring as guests for
one night? What an excellent week of programmes that was (in fact I
think he did it twice)...

> >And then I got off the bus ah
> However, you have been taking sentence-construction tips from Mark E.
> Smith, and I claim my five pounds.

I am curious alien-ah

Stigglepops

--