How Radio works

Stuart McHugh smchugh@...
Thu May 27 16:05:40 CEST 1999

Wasn't me who said hello to Ken last night, never saw him or Keith there...
anyway, just thought it was quite interesting to hear the Delgados going
out 'live' in the car on the way home... in fact Alan, who was with me, set
his timer to tape the show live and therefore missed it (anyone have a tape
of either set?)
Anyway, the Hi-fi were onstage from 8.30 - 9.10 or so, the Delgados from
9.40 - 10.45. Don't know if the Hi-Fi had a full set broadcast but I hope
they got the last 'Bollywood' number (and Sean's marriage proposal!)
broadcast. the Delgados were pretty good, though the technical hitches were
edited out (Emma announced a song as "Dead Air" which fooled a few people,
however, I spotted that this was a joke for those in the know, having
generated more dead air in a limited number of radio shows than the
Delgados could imagine in their worst nightmares...).
There were 3 new songs aired in total, the rest of the set would have been
from Peloton apart from 13 Gliding Principles, but again, I don't know what
you all heard. Sound was pretty good in the venue I though, though Keith
reckoned it was a bit boomy.
On Ken's document of all the shows, I suppose I should mail him about it,
but I just wondered if there was any way to put the thing on the website as
PDF or something. Though he described it as 'confidential', mind you...
would save us going to the National Sound Archive mind you...
Cheers

Stuart