Couple of things about the website

El Oso xrayboy@...
Wed Mar 31 21:10:14 CEST 1999

It bothered me that you couldnt clip and paste text on the John Peel pages, but you could on other Radio 1 DJ pages. It seemed to have something to do with the text being overlaid onto Peel's photo. You would select all (to maybe print out the song list to place into a cassette of the show) but nothing would select.

I wrote the BBC webmaster about this and never heard anything back, but as of this week it seems you can now clip and paste, like this list below.

John Peel Show 24/03/99

Buzz Aldrin - Fantasmagroover (Spangle)
Bag A Wire Dub - King Tubby & Friends (Blood)
Electric Eye Beam Abduction - DJ Qbert (Galactic Butt Hair)
For The Sake of Clarity - Schulte Eriksson (Org Records)
A Blue Print For Milton - Pilotcan (Evol)
No Good Trying - Elevator Through (Sub Pop)
In The African Jungle - Low Fi Generator (Underground Sounds)
Next - Pacou (Tresor)
Atari Teenage Riot - Live from the Southbank
Mujhe Maar Daalo - Asha Bhosle (Normal Records)
Mind Thief - Melt Banana (Tzadik)
New Way (Quick Wash And Brush Up With Libera) - Big Flame (Drag City)
Electric Eye - Back To Base (MP Records)
Blaxploitation - Mastermind (Audiocouture)
Rule The Roost - Dawn of the Replicants (East West)
Cristoph de Babylon - Live from the Southbank
This Guy's Ready For Bed - Pop Unknown (Deep Elm)
Fyuz - Add N To X (Mute)

I also wrote the webmaster about maybe moving the old track lists into the Peel "Archive" area but this has not happened. This would be handy for those of us in the USA who get Peel shows on cassette a few weeks late.

tom in atlanta