Mogwai

Stuart McHugh smchugh@...
Fri Mar 26 11:31:47 CET 1999

>um, actually, one of them was called something like
>'mogwai salute the genius of steve lamacq' (which i
>take to be irony) but had another title with a band
>member's name in it.

I just looked at the Mogwai unofficial site (surf.to/brightlight) and it
lists the following:
stereo dee
summer [priority version]
waltz for jo
r u still in 2 it? [instrumental]

I do remember the 'Salute the genius of...' thing, so I can only surmise
that the person who did the track listing here has transposed the 'real'
titles rather than list what they were called, or that the titles were a
tongue-in-cheek from Peel or the band or whatever that got broadcast.
Actually, now we know the date (Jan 11th 1997, apparently), I'm sure that
Locran's site should yield whatever was put on Teletext.

Stuart

new - March's Jock Box Jury features clips of Annie Christian, Spare Snare,
the Secret Goldfish, Looper, Nectarine No. 9, and many more! Listen, then
vote for your favourite...
http://www.vacant.demon.co.uk/jockrock/records/records.html