simon mayo rubbing his genitals in the warm poopy mess

Stuart McHugh smchugh@...
Mon Mar 8 11:54:28 CET 1999

>From: Stig <jmsmall@...>
>
>Stephen J. Wood wrote:
>> the crap christian DJ has to broadcast for 37 hours, to beat the world
>>record
>> for broadcasting a radio show
>
>Did anyone else see that documentary a while ago where they talked about
>some American DJ in the fifties who stayed awake and did a continuous
>live broadcast for about eight days? The sleep depravation drove him
>mad, he started hallucinating, became violent and eventually committed
>suicide.
>
>Well, we can live in hope, can't we?

Always the one to generate some controversy... well, as an Old Git, I can
remember the days when it was all trees round here, and Simon Mayo did the
Evening Session. And the Evening Session was actually half-decent then,
music-wise - I mean, Lamacq's ok, but hardly cutting edge. Simon Mayo's
Golden Hour actually has better music than any other daytime show on Radio
One - ok, he's up against the unholy trinity of Zoe Ball, Jo "Captain
Who?"Wiley and Chris Moyles, but where else would you be able to hear Nick
Cave, the Dead Kennedys, Elvis Costello, the Specials and That Petrol
Emotion at 9.30 in the morning? Even Mark and Lard, though more
entertaining inbetween the records, don't play stuff of that quality.
Granted though, he is a smug git and present far too often on our telly
screens. Ideal for mid-morning radio, in fact.

Stuart

jockrock webradio, this month featuring Lucky Pierre, Nectarine No. 9, Vic
Godard/Adventures in Stereo, Looper, and more... at:
http://www.vacant.demon.co.uk/jockrock/radio/raradio.html