quickspace/ Fourth Quartet

pete flynn p_p_pete@...
Fri Mar 5 11:00:19 CET 1999

__________

>Message: 3
>   Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 22:16:01 +0000
>   From: Keith Hawley <keith@...>
>Subject: Re: quickspace (more. woops.)
>
>>> The earlier eponymous album (grey cover)..........
>>Oh? I have the first LP and mine's got a green holey cover with orange
>>and red spots showing through.
>
>i've alway wondered about that album's name, actually.
>i thought it was "KittyKitty"...
>(or is that the label? in which case what's Choosy?)

i havent got their first, annoyingly, so don't know its name...but i
believed KItty Kitty was their label, and "Choosy" was the catalogue
code (plus numbers..). that could well be wrong though..

i think Quickspace supersport were the same band, though never knew why
they shortened their name. what was their early single that someone
described as being akin to "watching a cow for 40 minutes"?!

anyway...my local promoterblokee has been trying to get
Quickspace/Ligament/Penthouse to play in aldershot for ages, need to
find out if he's had any luck.

missed the session last nite anyway. i'm ill. Was it the one where they
did "If I Was a Caprenter"?

oh, and something else..
anyone heard of a band called Fourth Quartet, Peel's played them a bit,
they're local (from Guildford) and wonderful...it's Low/Slint/Palace
stuff, but with a real something extra to it, they're playing w/ Rothko
+ Karamasov at the Kosmiche nite next week, Upstairs @ Garage..

http://www.btinternet.com/~wordsandworks/

plug plug etc..

pete