Transistor Blast

Stuart McHugh smchugh@...
Thu Jun 24 17:12:58 CEST 1999

>And what this turns out to be is this funny, phoney "John Peel" welcome to
>the circa-79 evenings
> program...  There's even a phoney combo in the background doing a
>just-short-of-copyright-problems >Grinderswitch / "Pickin' The Blues" as
>this guy who says he is Juhn Peel (and he is not) intros all these >great
>made-up bands until getting to "new up and coming beatnik group" XTC.

Reminds me of the Rezillos b-side to the second version of "Can't Stand My
Baby" where a fake live version of "Good Sculptures" is introduced by
someone purporting to be from Radio One's In Concert series. The fact that
he calls himself "Miles O'Toole" (geddit, missus?) is the only real
giveaway.

Stuart