(no subject)

Kevin Culhane dodgefromgrange@...
Sat Jun 19 14:35:22 CEST 1999

I've moved from Cork to Dulbin recently and can no longer listen to the wonderful Peel show but I think I shall stay subscribed to this list anyway. Indeed my sister told me that knowing I would be seeing a Darren Haymen of Hefner solo gig she taped last thursdays show. She decided to E-mail mister Peel and with 1/2 hour to go in the show the tape ran out and her E-mail had not been noticed. Being an optimist however she decided to tape the last Half hour in case her E-mail was read out but the Tape machine swallowed the tape. This has never happened on that particular tape machine and minutes later as she was still trying to release the tape from the clutchs of the tape heads the last Hefner tune was played for her and her brother(me). We are very proud to have joined the likes of Stig and Maureen who were apparently also had a song played for them in the same episode.

I must say I really enjoyed the fisty-cuffs entered into over the Peelenium. The wonderful waffle of some of our listees was a sight to behold indeed. For the record I'd agree with the person who said the most happening music at the start of the century would indeed have been clasical. If this list existed 80 or 90 years ago I would think we'd all be discussing just how bitchin' the latest avant-garde clasical creation of some Jimbob. This sort of thing would of been a live thing as apposed to a record thing me thinks although it is very easy for us to sit here in 1999 and pretend we know exactly what life was like at the start of the century. Indeed lots of us would probalbly of had no interest in music.
Kevin