name that tune

Stuart McHugh smchugh@...
Wed Jun 16 12:29:38 CEST 1999

A friend of mine just asked me about a track he heard on last night's show
and I thought I'd ask since it would still be fresh in your minds and we
can't completely rely on the playlist being on the web...
so, it was around 11.30 (just before the Peelennium?) and he said the band
name sounded a bit like 'Gates of Steel'. It was from a split single with
another band, and he said the sound was like a mix of the Delgados (i.e.
female vocals) and sort of US West Coast pop... I tried to pre-empt him by
guessing the Built to Spill split 7" but the female vocal probably vetoes
that.
Any takers?