the gaps maketh the man

Stig jmsmall@...
Sat Jun 12 18:01:55 CEST 1999

mozy wrote:
> > The true mark of the scholar.  Comparing something you know
> > with something you know bugger all about.  You'll go far!
> > There is a career in journalism awaiting you :-)
> >
> That's a bit cruel, isn't it? I thought this was a discussion list, not
> an arena for hurling insults.

I'm not sure you can describe it as cruel, generally when people start
using email (well in fact any medium) to insult they tend to betray the
shallowness of their own minds more than anything else and this case is
no exception, often it's quite fun to watch people betray a certain
pettiness.

Martin Wheatley wrote:
> I know!  I just got irritated because someone was dismissing (or rather
> denying the existence of) whole swathes of music without hearing it.

If you think that was me then you based your pompous little insults on a
basic misunderstanding of what I actually said. Read the words that I
write and try to imagine what they might possibly mean. Furthermore this
is a forum for discussion not a place where people who hope to measure
the absolute truth of their opinions against others are welcome. At
least that's what I'd like to hope.

Sorry but small mindedness always irritates.

Stig

--
jmsmall@...