Solex/Stereolab

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Tue Jun 8 23:59:08 CEST 1999

Martin Wheatley wrote:
>> PS    out of curiosity - is anyone building a tape collection of the
>> Peelenium?

Stig wrote
>I can see this "where's me washboard?" stuff getting a bit tedious
>seeing as it's going to go on like this until the fifties when a more
>varied range of music first started being put on records. Hm, maybe
>there'll be some blues before then.

'Really enjoying the Peelenium' he wrote in his fax last night!

I can see there are gaps in your musical education. The Peelenium is currently
in the last couple of years of genuine Music Hall stuff.   We are likely
to get a year or two of World War 1 songs followed by early jazz and blues.
So far he has been playing largely UK stuff.  That may change soon.  There
is a very wide range of music in the 20s, 30s and 40s on record if he chooses
to use it

martinw