fav sessions

Stuart McHugh smchugh@...
Tue Jun 1 16:59:30 CEST 1999

>No, Lee and Herring are geniuses of our time, I was referring to their
>"lazy comedy slags" section where they expose poor joke formulas such as
>"...and they were just the teachers ah", "...I was 28 years old ah" and
>the classic "...and then I got off the bus ah". Peel once mentioned them
>in his column if that gives it any relevance...
It must just be me, in fact IMO Peel's taste in comedy, with the exception
of the Fast Show (oh, ok, and HMHB), always seems to be for stuff which
doesn't quite hit the mark - Absolutely was really patchy (though
occasionally touched by genius) and wasn't that Royston Vasey thing another
Peel favourite?
I've laughed at Lee and Herring in the past but I saw their show the other
evening and thought it was lamentable, nary a titter. The new Hale and
Pace, anyone?
Though to be fair, they gave Gail Porter a much-deserved slagging.