Happy

Andy Smith andys@...
Tue Feb 2 10:51:13 CET 1999

andrew dean wrote:

> > The Cuban Boys single should be released in a couple of weeks.

> ha ha, the one thing i don't like about peel's shows is his insistance
> on playing dreadful happy hardcore records such as this one 8)

I tend to agree, although I like alot of the other dance stuff he plays.
I'm reminded of the early 90's and mid 80's when all your "traditional"
Peel listeners would moan about the amount of bleepy-bleepy music or
the amount of rap he was playing, and then we all (well some of us at
least) got to like it and realised the old fellah was right all along.

What I also don't understand at the moment is him playing the Bluetones
and Gene, although the recent Gene stuff has been quite good. Or am I
just forcing myself to like them because Peel plays them? Oh bugger,
Peel fan dilemna! I'm confused!

Andy