Digest Number 147

Stuart McHugh stuart@...
Thu Dec 30 20:24:29 CET 1999

Rob F:
>I missed the first bit so I can't comment - last night's
>selection was pretty dull.
>Having said that I See A Darkness is my favourite Bonnie
>Prince Billy song....so that was good and also FAB
>
>1991 peelenium tonight is also grate - makes me think
>maybe music generally has gone a bit wank recently??

what I was sating about all the post/prog/kraut records in the chart, now I
like a bit of Slint or Tangerine Dream as much as the next man, but
everything was in that slightly laid-back vein. We really needed a good ol'
ass-kicking record in the top 16, and the closst we got was The Fall (not
in their prime, I must say).
And though I enjoy Hefner, are ANY of their records better than Cinerama's
Pacific? I doubt it. Though Darryl Haman is clearly the David Gedge for the
younger generation.