Beulah

Andy Smith andys@...
Fri Dec 17 11:05:13 CET 1999

> Did anyone catch their session last night?  Was it any good?  I'm quite
> impressed with the album, but I wonder how they come across live, without
> all the orchestration...

I only caught two tracks, one of which was an excellent re-working of
Warmer, very 60s with jazz flute as mentioned by Nunununa. Live on
stage I find they're a bit shouty and guitarry, the keyboards tend
to get a bit lost which is a shame. I don't really miss the strings
though and they play trumpet too, so it's just a slightly rowdier
approach to the album sound.

Andy