Yo La Tengo on Peel

Sheetal Singh sheetals@...
Wed Dec 8 18:52:45 CET 1999

Is there such a thing as too downbeat?  I thought "I can Hear the Heart" was
a bit too upbeat at times.  Nothing touches "Painful" though...
You did miss the Nectarine 9 set, which was lovely...I would have taped it
if I was listening on the radio!

-sheetal

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart McHugh [mailto:smchugh@...]
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 1999 9:00 AM
To: peel@onelist.com
Subject: Re: [peel] Yo La Tengo on Peel

From: Stuart McHugh <smchugh@...>

>From: "Clare Woodmansey" <cwoodmansey@...>
>
>> From: Stuart McHugh <smchugh@...>
>
>> I heard it on the way home (it was ok, the new lp doesn't sound as
>> disappointing live)
>
>that'll be the beautiful new album, 'And then nothing turned itself inside
>out', that's disappointing????? Er, Stuart's wrong on this one, kids.

When was the last time that happened, eh? No, I've only heard it the once,
but it didn't really grab me at all, it's far too downbeat for my liking.
"I Can Feel the Heart" was way better, and more immediate, for me at least.
Still, I'm not what you'd call a 'fan' of YLT, maybe the diehards will be
prepared to give this one time to grow.