mystery deepens

Stuart McHugh smchugh@...
Tue Aug 24 16:38:21 CEST 1999

The word on the street (ok, in some newsgroup or other) is that it was
indeed a family illness which kept Peel off-air - The Pig to be precise,
she became unwell quite suddenly hence the repeat show on the Wednesday. It
seems that she's not as ill as it originally appeared, but I suppose you
can see why there might have been some concern in the family resulting in
the shows being pulled. I think he will be back on-air tonight.
I see that there's a 'Peel night' on BBC2 on Sunday, starting at 9pm.
There's also a Radio One 'celebration' of some sort, anyone know when that
is? (Same day? What day's his birthday anyway?)

Stuart